What we are doing to protect our patients
1) Cleaning and sterilization of all surfaces will occur between each patient.
2) Each frame will be set aside, sterilized and cleaned after every use.
3) Staff members will be screened for symptoms and temperature every day. As mandated by the City of Milpitas, both staff and patients must wear a mask at alll times. Face shields will be worn by staff whenever possible.
4) Sneeze guards may be located strategically in the office and on testing devices.
5) Patient visits will be significantly spaced out to avoid interactions.
6) Patients will be seen by appointment only to avoid unplanned interactions.
7) Whenever possible, telemedicine will be used to decrease exposure time.
8) Indoor capacity will remain at 25% in the optical dispensary to allow for adequate social distancing.
What to expect prior to your visit
1) If you are a new patient, you will be asked to complete a patient history questionnaire 24 hours in advance. This questionnaire will come in a separate email.
2) Our staff will ask if you have experienced any symptoms related to COVID-19 or been exposed to anyone with symptoms. These include (but are not limited to) coughing, sneezing, fever, upset stomach, loss of taste or smell. If so, we will ask you to reschedule in 3 weeks.
3) We kindly ask that you prepare a mask for your visit.
4) For spectacle wearers: to reduce your time within the office, we ask that you research your frame preferences before your appointment.
5) For contact lens wearers: please wear your contacts at least 2 hours before the appointment. Please bring your current glasses.
During your visit
1) Please plan to come alone unless you are a minor, elderly, disabled, or someone who needs special assistance.
2) Upon arrival, please call (408) 263-6868. Please wait in your car until we are ready to see you.
3) You will receive a call from our staff. They will ask you a few questions and let you know once it is safe to enter.
3) Please have your mask on before entering the office. If you forget your mask, we will have one for you to purchase.
4) Upon entering, our staff will ask you COVID-19 screening questions, then take your temperature using a non-contact device.
You will be asked to wash your hands.
5) Please respect 6-foot social distancing within the office whenever possible.
6) The waiting area will be free of magazines, and have minimal seating.
7) A touchless payment protocol will be used for credit card payments.
In the optical
1) Upon completion of your eye exam, our opticians will have curated frame styles for you based on your preferences. This allows us to ensure sterilization of your frames before and after use.
2) During the selection process, you will be asked to stay seated in the optical seating area. Opticians will bring frames/products to you as needed.
3) Lens selections will be discussed in advance or remotely after the frame is selected.
4) Spectacle pick-ups, subsequent frame adjustments, prescription problems, and any other optical problems will be addressed by appointment only.
5) All contact lens orders of 2 boxes (or more) will be directly shipped to your home at no cost to you.